For the fourth year in a row, the Tennessee State Fair Association—the non-profit charged with putting on the 10-day event—will have two intern positions available. This internship provides the unique opportunity to work in event planning, while working with a marketing team, media, and sponsors. Students majoring in Communications, Marketing, or Agriculture could all benefit and contribute to this internship.
- Intern must be available to work within the week in time leading up to fair.
- Intern must be available some during week and on weekends in preparation for and during the fair.
- Intern must be willing to work up to 20 hours per week.
- Intern may be required to do some traveling.
- Intern must be able to do some lifting.
- Intern will be required to do some labor indoors and outdoors.
- Intern must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Marketing distribution to Middle Tennessee area businesses
- Assist in planning and execution of fair college night
- Create and mail fair invitations to State Officials
- May be required to write general press releases
- Basic fair duties, including: set-up/tear-down, organize on-site contests, organize media site visits, assist sponsors, basic customer service, assist with field trip days, assist with promotions, ensure presentations are at top quality