Total Premium Offered: $11,854
Superintendent: Courtney Halfacre
Pre-entry is MOST important.
Online Registration: until 10:00 p.m., September 1, 2017 (Click Here or button below)
Mail-in Entries must be postmarked by August 18, 2017, (Printable Form)
FFA Department Rules & Guidelines
- All FFA Divisions are subject to the Tennessee State Fair Rules, located on page 9, Department and Division Rules.
- Competition in this department is open to any High School FFA Member in each grade (9th-12th) currently active as a bona fide student of Agriculture Education in Tennessee.
- No entry fee will be charged.
- Pre-entry is MOST important. Members must register with the Tennessee State Fair to be eligible for award money, and must also register through www.judgingcard.com. Deadlines are listed on page 8.
- Teams consist of two to four members, unless specified. Teams must register as the chapter not individual members.
- Entries will not be accepted before or after receiving dates. Exhibitors MUST pay all freight and express charges on their exhibits. Entries will be received Tuesday thru Thursday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. prior to the opening day of the Fair. Judging will be Friday, opening day of the Fair, at 8 a.m. To be eligible for premiums, all exhibits must be in place before the official judging.
- Teachers must certify that the exhibits are from the student’s own farming program and that crop exhibits are of the current year’s growth, except Dark-fired Tobacco, which must be of last year’s growth.
- All crop entries winning a prize are at the disposal of the director of the department, for educational purposes.
- CHAPTER EXHIBITORS MUST give school address, advisor’s name and telephone number. ALL INDIVIDUAL EXHIBITORS MUST give the school address and phone number, and the student’s name, home address and telephone number in order to assure prompt receipt of prize money. All premium checks will be mailed directly to the exhibitor.
- Ribbons will be given only to the first three winners. Monetary awards are listed within division information.
- No exhibits will be released prior to the close of the Fair. Entries will be released for pick on Monday between 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. after the close of the Fair, no exceptions. ALL entries must be out by posted time or entries become property of the Tennessee State Fair Association. If any entry is removed before the end of the fair, the premium money and ribbon will be forfeited.
- Premiums will be issued at the release of exhibits soon as possible after the conclusion of the fair. Those participating in the FFA Competitions Division 270 will receive their awards at the conclusion of the event. Those placing entries on exhibit will receive their awards when exhibits are released. To claim awards: FFA Advisors must provide a photo id and present claim ticket (s) for students they are claiming awards for. Awards will be located in the Creative Arts Building in the cash office. Unclaimed awards will be issued and mailed as soon as possible to the close of the fair.
FFA Outstanding Member Awards will awarded to one male and one female member, each will receive an award of $150. The award will be based on the exhibitor’s placements in the FFA Department exhibits of the Tennessee State Fair.
FFA Student & Team Competition Events
Monday, September 11th
Premiums Offered: $1800
Premium Schedule: 1st – $75; 2nd – $50; 3rd – $25