Superintendent: Kelly Reilly
(615) 800-3675, ext. 4
Assistant Superintendent: Jenn Duncan
|Registration Opens||Monday, June 4, 2018|
|Online Entry Deadline||Friday, Aug. 24, 2018 until 10 p.m.|
|Paper Entry Deadline||Friday, Aug. 17, 2018|
|Adult/Open Div. $2.00 per entry
Youth Division No Fee
Adult/Open Div. $4.00 per entry
Youth Division $2.00 per entry
|Late Entry||Receiving Dates only|
|Entry Release||Monday, Sept. 17, 2018
9 a.m. until 6 p.m.
|Department F||Premiums Offered: $11,362|
Creative Arts Department Rules & Guidelines
- All Creative Arts Divisions are subject to the Tennessee State Fair Rules, Department and Division Rules.
- Pre-registration is MOST important. Exhibitors must register with the Tennessee State Fair to be eligible for award money.
- An entry fee per class will be charged, $2.00 for Open/Adult Divisions and NO FEES for Youth Divisions. Expect where listed.
- Late Fees will be enforced! Those who do not Pre-register entries, will pay additional fees. Late registration will be on Check-In Dates only. Late Fees will be: $4.00 for Open/Adult Division and $2.00 for Youth Divisions
- Entries will not be accepted before or after receiving dates. Exhibitors MUST pay all freight and express charges on their exhibits. Refer to the posted calendar. To be eligible for premiums, all exhibits must be in place before the official judging.
- Hand Delivered entries are to be brought to the Creative Arts Building on the following dates and times.
Mailing Exhibits: When distance prevents personal Check-In:, they may be mailed. Please do not send canned exhibits. If you’re mailing an exhibit, you MUST notify the Creative Arts Superintendent, Kelly Reilly either by phone 423-503-0642 or email: SuperCA@tnstatefair.org. DO NOT SEND ARTICLES FOR EXHIBIT WITHOUT FIRST HAVING THEM ENTERED. Please include a copy of your entry form with your exhibits. Any entries received by mail will not be returned by mail. All mailed exhibits must be sent PRE-PAID (no C.O.D.s) and addressed to:
Tennessee State Fair, Creative Arts Department, P.O. Box 24747, Nashville, TN 37202.
- Fair management reserves the right to alter, cancel or refuse to show any item in the best interest of the public.
- Adult Divisions exhibitors are to be aged 19 and older. Youth Division exhibitors are for entrants 18 or younger as of June 1st of the current year. Exceptions may be made for seniors in high school in divisions classes divided by grade.
- Entries must be made in only one of the two categories-either (1) Experience/Professional or (2) Beginner/Intermediate/Amateur -but not both. Those engaged in any line of work as a profession or business or as teachers of the same are considered professional and must exhibit in the classes where specified.
- All articles for exhibit in this department must be strictly the handiwork of the exhibitor.
- Photography and Canned Products must have been competed within the last twelve (12) months. All quilted items entered must have been completed by the exhibitor with the last five (5) years. All other items entered must have been completed by the exhibitor within the last two (2) years.
- Entrants may enter items in as many classes as they choose. Only one item is allowed per class. Exception: Exhibitor will be eligible to enter up to 2 items per class where indicated. However, items MUST be distinctively different articles and listed separately on entry form, with the descriptions. Sets of items, such as napkins, are considered one entry. Any one item entered may qualify for only one class (i.e. one painting may not be entered under both the “Fair Themed Item” and “Oil or Acrylic” classes).
- Articles shall not have been entered in the Tennessee State Fair previously and must be in good condition, soiled, stained, damaged, articles with an odor or covered with pet hair will not be accepted.
- Exhibitors may supply their own stands, easels, etc. for the purpose of displaying their work. Please label each with “Exhibitor’s Name”, not visible to the public.
- The management will give good care to all articles on exhibition, but will not be responsible for loss or damage, should any occur.
- BEST OF SHOW will be a single exhibit especially selected by the Judge(s) as outstanding, chosen from 1st place winners in class(es). Best of Show ribbons will be awarded for Divisions ONLY where they are listed.
- Judges reserve the right to withhold premiums/ribbons if entries are insufficient or are not of award caliber. Decision of the judge(s) is final.
- No exhibits will be released prior to the close of the Fair. Entries will be released for pick on Monday between 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. after the close of the Fair, no exceptions. ALL entries must be out by posted time or entries become property of the Tennessee State Fair Association. If any entry is removed before the end of the fair, the premium money and ribbon will be forfeited.
- Premiums will be paid according to the official awards entered in the judge’s book. Because ribbons are sometimes misplaced, the Judge’s Book will be the final authority for determination of winners. Premiums will be paid accordingly.
- If total premiums won exceed the amount offered by the TN State Fair of $11,362.00, then individual premium amounts will be prorated. Only two monies will be paid to the exhibitor in a particular class.
- Premiums will be issued at the same time as the release of exhibits. You must provide a photo id and have your claim ticket (s) present. Those that are not able to claim their premiums at that time must sign a release form at the day of exhibit delivery. The person picking up the premiums will have to provide a photo id and have the claim ticket (s) in hand. Awards will be located in the Creative Arts Building in the cash office. Unclaimed awards will be issued and mailed as soon as possible to the close of the fair.
Calendar of Events
Fri. Aug. 17th Mail-in Registration Postmarked
Fri. Aug. 24th 10 p.m. Online Registration Deadline
Tues. Aug. 28th 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Receiving of Entries (No live Floral or Bakery entries)(Late Entry Registration)
Wed. Aug. 29th 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Receiving of Entries (No live Floral or Bakery entries) (Late Entry Registration)
Tues. Sept. 4th 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Receiving of Entries for Live Floral or Bakery entries (Late Entry Registration)
Wed. Sept. 5th 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. Receiving of Entries for Live Floral or Bakery entries (Late Entry Registration)
Thurs. Sept. 6th 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. Tabletop Christmas Tree Contest & Table Setting Contest Set-up (No Late Registration)
Sun. Sept. 9th 12:00 p.m.– 12:45 p.m. Goo Goo Cluster Baking & Loveless Café Biscuit Contest Received
1 p.m. Goo Goo Cluster Contest & Loveless Café Biscuit Contest
Sat. Sept. 15th 11 a.m.-12 p.m. Tennessee Apple Pie Contest Receiving
12 p.m. Tennessee Apple Pie Contest
Sewing & Quilting Designated “Off-Site Drop Off Locations”
Quilt and Sewing After Fair Pick Up Dates at Off-Site* Sponsors: Entries will be returned back to the shops by closed of business on Saturday, September 22rd. The shops will notify you when the items have arrived back from the Fair. If someone intends to come and pick up their entries at the Fairgrounds on September 16th, even though they dropped them off at a sponsoring shop to enter them, they MUST indicate the intended pickup place to be written on the entry paper next to the shop’s name so that the TN State Fair is prepared to release them to the entrants on that date otherwise they will be held back for delivery the following week. This is for the security of both the entries, the entrant’s piece of mind and the shops’ security.
Creative Arts Divisions
Click on your division of interest for complete rules and classes offered.
Bakery | Baking Contest | Canned Products | Fine Arts
Floral Arranging & Miniature Habitats | Handcrafted Arts
Needle Craft | Paper Craft | Photography | Quilting | Sewing
Spinning, Weaving & Rug Hooking
Tabletop Christmas Tree Contest | Table Setting Contest
Full Creative Arts Catalog
A special thank you to all of the State Fair staff, department chairmen and co-chairs, volunteers, judges, and exhibitors for your countless hours of hard work. I appreciate each of you! Your dedication to our State Fair makes it successful each year. Together we are Tennessee Proud!
Creative Arts Superintendent