The Tennessee State Fair proudly presents “Tennessee Proud,” its theme for the 2017 edition of this landmark event, which was inaugurated more than 150 years ago.
This year’s Fair continues the longstanding traditions of family entertainment, educational experiences and state pride.
Operated and managed by a volunteer board, the Fair invites you to share in the excitement of this year’s ten day extravaganza beginning Friday, September 8 and continuing through Sunday, September 17.
The Tennessee State Fair is an annual event that highlights what makes America and Tennessee great. Across the country, State Fairs are more than just a good time. They are hands-on exhibits of how we live our lives.
The Fair features arts and crafts, explores agriculture and allows attendants to have new and exciting experiences. From honoring the State’s best homemade apple pie to the thrilling rides, the Tennessee State Fair has something for everyone to enjoy.
The Tennessee State Fair Association was formed to promote the education of agriculture, horticulture, the creative arts, performing arts, industry, commerce, recreation, economic development, natural resources, and related areas to the public, through the planning, promotion, conduct, and operation of an annual Tennessee State Fair.
The Tennessee State Fair Association would like to acknowledge all the state and local agencies and educational institutions for their participation and support of the Tennessee State Fair, including but not limited to:
- North American Midway Entertainment
- International Association of Fairs & Expositions
- Tennessee Association of Fairs
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Tennessee Department of Agriculture
- Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development
- Tennessee Department of Education
- Tennessee Department of Tourist Development
- Nashville Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Nashville Fire Department
- Nashville Department of General Services
- Nashville Police Department
- Nashville Police Department Horse Mounted Patrol
- Nashville Public Schools
- Metro Nashville Public Works
- Metro Water Services
- Davidson County Sheriff’s Office
- Pick Tennessee Products
- 4-H Clubs of Tennessee
- Tennessee FFA Association
- The University of Tennessee Extension Service
- Davidson County Rescue Squad
Many people and organizations are required to make the Tennessee State Fair a success. We’d like to express our utmost gratitude to the many volunteers, sponsors, vendors, and neighbors who come together each year to support the Fair.
In Kind Support:
- Joe Williams (Cumberland Tractor and Equipment, LLC)
- Alan Psota & Jason Ligon (A&N Stock Farms, Registered Angus)
- Lannie Boswell (Boswell’s Golf Cars)
- David Hale & Sandra Winfrey-Dowdy (HAWK Specialty Services)
- Red Arrow Delivery Service