“Red, White and You”
Creating a whole new focus on family entertainment, educational experiences, and a pride in what we all find good about our nation and the Volunteer State, the Tennessee State Fair is proud to present “Red, White and You,” its theme for the 2015 edition of this landmark event inaugurated more than 150 years ago.
Operated and managed by a volunteer board, the Fair invites you to share in the excitement of this year’s ten day extravaganza beginning Friday, September 11 and continuing through Sunday, September 20.
The State Fair is an annual exhibition of what makes America and Tennessee great. From coast to coast and somewhat closer to home from the Mississippi River to the Great Smokey Mountains the Fair is in many ways a live hands-on exhibit of how we live our lives.
It shows how we grow our food, teaches the value of arts and crafts, allows a child’s hand to pet a floppy ear cow, and honors the state’s best homemade two crust apple pie. And, if that wasn’t enough, the Fair provides exhilarating heartbeats for all ages thrilled by the rides of a million dollar midway.
The Tennessee State Fair Association was formed to promote the education of agriculture, horticulture, the creative arts, performing arts, industry, commerce, recreation, economic development, natural resources, and related areas to the public, through the planning, promotion, conduct, and operation of an annual Tennessee State Fair.
The Tennessee State Fair Association would like to acknowledge all the state and local agencies and educational institutions for their participation and support of the Tennessee State Fair, including but not limited to:
- North American Midway Entertainment
- International Association of Fairs & Expositions
- Tennessee Association of Fairs
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Tennessee Department of Agriculture
- Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development
- Tennessee Department of Education
- Tennessee Department of Tourist Development
- Nashville Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Nashville Fire Department
- Nashville Department of General Services
- Nashville Police Department
- Nashville Police Department Horse Mounted Patrol
- Nashville Public Schools
- Metro Nashville Public Works
- Metro Water Services
- Davidson County Sheriff’s Office
- Pick Tennessee Products
- 4-H Clubs of Tennessee
- Tennessee FFA Association
- The University of Tennessee Extension Service
- Davidson County Rescue Squad
Many people and organizations are required to make the Tennessee State Fair a success. We’d like to express our utmost gratitude to the many volunteers, sponsors, vendors, and neighbors who come together each year to support the Fair.
In Kind Support:
- Joe Williams (Cumberland Tractor and Equipment, LLC)
- Alan Psota & Jason Ligon (A&N Stock Farms, Registered Angus)
- Lannie Boswell (Boswell’s Golf Cars)
- David Hale & Sandra Winfrey-Dowdy (HAWK Specialty Services)
- Red Arrow Delivery Service